JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR GROWTH
As part of Battelle’s Health and Life Sciences Global Business, you will touch every aspect of human health. We deliver far reaching solutions to some of the world’s most pressing health challenges – from developing medical products that change individual lives to pharmaceuticals that address potentially devastating health conditions on a global scale. Battelle supports your career by offering you the opportunity and resources to solve the most critical health problems, break through technology developments, mentorship opportunities, upward mobility, and company ethics and reputation. Are you ready to Fast Forward To Your Growth?
Battelle’s Medical Devices group is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Co-op in Columbus, Ohio for part-time regular work beginning in the Spring/Summer Term of 2012.
The selected candidate will participate in multidiscipline-teams on medical product development projects. Activities will include supporting team members in conducting experiments, including data acquisition and analysis, assembly and fabrication of prototypes and equipment. Some additional facets of product development such as concept generation, design, prototyping, and CAD may be possible pending project work load and candidates abilities.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- At least a sophomore in a Mechanical Engineering curriculum or related field and with coursework emphasizing product design
- Minimum of a 3.3 GPA
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven ability to successfully work independently or as part of a larger team
- Applicants in an established Co-op program or those available for more than one work term will be given preference. This includes either consecutive work terms or a rotation of work – school – work
- Industrial work experience, strength in plastics, analysis, manufacturing, etc., hands-on skills in such areas as machining, carpentry, etc. are strong benefits.
- Work experience designing product components and subsystems, familiarity with manufacturing processes and related design requirements and constraints
- Education or experience in Life Sciences, such as bioengineering, medicine, biology or chemistry
- Experience with statistical analysis and/or Design of Experiments
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
INDUSTRY: Health Services
JOB CATEGORY: Engineer (Design, Technical, Research, Software, Hardware)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Mechanical Engineer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Intern
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2585