JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE
Innovative businesses see the future – and make it better. Battelle’s Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business (EEMSGB) is leading a global revolution in Energy. We are investing in key initiatives that will deliver a safer, healthier, and more productive tomorrow by diversifying the energy sources, maximizing efficiencies, and ensuring reliability of energy systems. Battelle’s science/technology base and dedicated leadership are forging a powerful future for the good of mankind. Are you ready to Fast Forward to your Future?
Battelle is a world leader in science and technology development and deployment. The Advanced Materials Applications (AMA) group within the Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business specializes in synthesis, formulation, processing, testing, evaluation, and application development of polymeric, ceramic, metallic, bio based, and nano-scale materials. AMA is seeking a Administrative Office Assistant in our Columbus, Ohio office.
The Administrative Office Assistant will perform administrative office work for the Advanced Materials Applications department, requiring exercise of judgment and in-depth knowledge of procedures, processes and precedents. The administrative Office Assistant will work under general guidance.
The selected candidate will provide administrative support to all AMA staff working primarily in Columbus, Ohio and Daytona Beach, FL. The Administrative Office Assistant will work from the Battelle Corporate Headquarters in Columbus, OH and will be expected to build and leverage relationships with support entities co-located there in order to ensure all program staff needs are met. Specific task expectations include but are not limited to:
- Independently research a wide variety of complex information requests; initiate actions with after-the-fact supervisory review; identify issues to be addressed by management and/or program managers.
- Assemble information for others; allocate charges and credits to appropriate accounts; originate journal entries and appropriate adjustments.
- Prepare, edit and/or process documents, utilizing many of the various technical capabilities of computer equipment. Documents include:
- +Status or summary reports, drawing data from a variety of sources within and outside the department.
- + Budget, financials and other tracking spreadsheets.
- + Proposals
- +Review and edit final copy of outgoing reports and correspondence prepared by others.
- Complete, process and route various transactions (meetings scheduling and planning, travel planning, expense reports, memos…) where the application of procedures is not straightforward.
- Order supplies, equipment and other materials for the department using online tools, and working with purchasing department.
- Speak on behalf of management and other exempt staff on matters related to administrative function.
- Contact staff members and outside parties regularly to exchange information and respond to business transactions; interact with others to resolve issues.
- Compose non-routine letters and memos; routes or answers non-routine questions and correspondence.
- Maintain current, accurate and complete files and documentation of procedures, including virtual repository.
- Utilize knowledge professional and industry practices and governmental regulations to recommend and propose internal policies and procedures.
- Act as an internal expert of AMA and Battelle’s operations; advise others internally and externally as appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with other administrative staff within the department as well as the business unit.
- Due to the nature of the Advanced Materials Applications department, the Administrative Office Assistant will be expected to exercise judgment to understand and anticipate work priorities and respond accordingly. In order to achieve success, the Administrative Office Assistant will need to demonstrate initiative, reliability, commitment, and quality in all work activities.
- 5 to 10 years of successful administrative support experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- A high level of user expertise with computers and digital communications hardware and software, with the ability to learn and adapt to evolving technologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook applications. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and web applications.
- Skill and presence for interacting effectively with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated and self-starting, with the ability to prioritize tasking and perform work efficiently to have impact in an autonomous environment.
- High degree of flexibility for dealing with changing demands and scenarios.
- US Citizen
JOB CATEGORY: Secretarial
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Executive Secretary and Administrative Assistant
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43209
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2701